Palau Perspective of Grace Children's Home

This blog is updated by George and Stacey Palau and is comprised of highlights as seen through our eyes while living at Grace Children's Home.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

a slice of heaven...

Sometimes, in the most normal times, I can't help but think I'm seeing a glimpse of heaven.

Yesterday (VALENTINES DAY), Saturday morning, we took 14 of the GCH kids on an exploration of the coast of Baja. It was so much fun!!!! We came back with loads of shells that you'd all pay lots for at a store... they were in abundance. We saw the local fishermen pull in with their octupi, sand sharks, rock cod, crabs, lobsters and more.... we really saw them as they pulled in and the fish were still flapping in the boats. Wow, was it fun.

Tonight I'm enjoying shifts of kids coming up to play video games in our new home. I LOVE having their company and just can't stand being without at least a few of my little angels close by my side.

Today at church I was reminded of an important truth... that is, for those of us that our believers, life is an adventure. We enjoy those adventures so much. Are you experiencing them?

I'll always remember something my dad said to me a few days before he went to be with our Savior. He was hurting and hadn't had the chance to "study" all the promises God has for us... so, the after-life was still unclear to him. My dad knew where he was going, but didn't know what was in store for him. I'm going to share with you something I've rarely shared,...

As he laid on his hospital bed, he got a sad look on his face. I asked him why. He said, "I thought we'd have so many more adventures, I thought there was so much more we'd do...".

I smiled at my father as I said "Dad, God created you and me to LOVE adventure and to want to explore and do wonderful things.... do you think the God that created us in His imagine would have anything less for us in heaven? Dad, this is not the end, this is just the beginning... and heaven is going to be one GREAT adventure, you and I are going to do so many exciting things... and we're going to have a wonderful time there".
My dad smiled at this thought...

Less than a week later my dad went to that great adventure with our Lord... exactly 2 years from this month. I know he and He are awaiting me....

Do you know who you are awaiting? Or who is awaiting you??? Or where you are going? What adventures are you experiencing in this life?... like our pastor said, life here is an adventure for those who follow Jesus... What adventures do you expect after this glimpse of a life?... I can't wait to explore them with my dad, my Savior and all my loved ones!!!

From my heart, Stacey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home