Palau Perspective of Grace Children's Home

This blog is updated by George and Stacey Palau and is comprised of highlights as seen through our eyes while living at Grace Children's Home.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Our January Prayer Letter


January 2008

Happy New Year!

We hope you’ve enjoyed a blessed and joyous Christmas with your family. As we look forward to what is in store for 2008, we also reflect on all that’s happened in 2007. We are filled with gratitude and joy to see all God has done in our lives and at Grace Children’s Home (GCH)!

Here are some highlights for 2007:

* Tremendous progress on the Education Center has been made. It is water-tight, and a majority of the interior of the top 2 floors are completed.

* Six more children were sponsored to attend the bilingual, private school, which is an exceptional educational opportunity.

* GCH is currently home to 30 wonderful children, who are now thriving, growing and bringing joy to all of us at GCH!

* We have secured the land for the Baby-Senior Project and the future church that GCH will someday house. The Strutton family has been accepted as our partner to oversee this special part of Grace Children’s Home and will be moving to Mexico this year.

* Many teams visited GCH and have given generously of their time and talents, making it possible for the children to learn, grow and love!

* The church plant at GCH expanded with a faithful group of children, women and mostly men attending each week.

* Our family experienced a blessed and joyous year. Georgie (9) joined a soccer team and started French as a 3rd language. Eric (8) continued to share Christ with teachers, classmates and just about anyone he met. Marcus (4) mastered riding a 2-wheel bike and speaking in 2 languages.

We could go on and on counting our blessings! Mostly, we thank all who make it possible for us to be here and for GCH to keep growing. We see miracles and blessings everyday, making it a JOY to be here. Please pray with us for 2008. We know God has much in store for this new year and we look forward to see it all happen!

Joyfully,

The Palaus – George, Stacey, Georgie, Eric & Marcus

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even describe my feelings as I am reading your blog. In 1998 I joined YUGO for a summer as a missionary intern. I can't describe my time there as a possitive one but it deffinately was a life changing experience. Now 10 years later I just happened to check the YUGO website and see the work you have been doing in Mexico with these lost children. I can't even explain to you this connection I feel. For the past 2 1/2 years my husband and I have been Foster parents to over 21 children for the state of NJ. The Lord has given us an awesome and sometime heart breaking responsability to care for these little blessings. I truely am touched by the work you are doing knowing that God placed a special place in my heart for the mexican children there so many years ago. Please know that you have a prayer partner in NJ lifting you all up in prayer.
Although Financially I can not commit at this time, if you feel the need for something I may assist you in please feel free to drop me a note...JohnandBethGray@msn.com!!! I will drop in every now and then maybe sometimes when my home is empty and my heart is hurting for encouraging news that he has a plan for every child and there are people in this world that feel for these children like us.

Beth "Norton" Gray
(mom to 2 boys 4 1/2 and 9 months)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home