Palau Perspective of Grace Children's Home

This blog is updated by George and Stacey Palau and is comprised of highlights as seen through our eyes while living at Grace Children's Home.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Our monthly prayer letter


We will now be posting our personal prayer letter on this blog, for those of you who want to read it on line. Thanks for your prayers!


November 2007

Dear Friends & Family,

This month, I want to write you about my husband, George. I’ve been blessed to be married to George for 16+ years and have known him for 2 decades. For those of you who know him well, you’d agree when I say he’s a humble & passionate man of God who wants to give all he has for HIM.

Hence, the theme of my letter this month…

Earlier this week, George was completing an extensive time of fasting and prayer. He wanted God to do drastic measures in his life, and he wanted to be focused on hearing from God. And God was answering his prayers on MANY levels.

But let me tell you what I saw

Monday morning, a man in his 40’s or 50’s (Rafael) showed up at our door mid-morning. He was drunk-as-a-skunk and hurting! Rafael’s thumb was seriously injured and infected, and he was desperate. He knew we were here, so he came for help.

Seeing the man’s need, George did what he always does! George grabbed Lionel (fellow missionary serving here at GCH), and they drove 25 minutes to the local public health clinic. After being seen by a doctor and getting a prescription, they took Rafael to breakfast (at a restaurant run by local Christian friends). They got him medicines and drove him safely home.

The next day we saw Rafael walking on the street. Again he was half-drunk and holding what appeared to be alcohol. I couldn’t help but wonder if George’s generosity was in vain.

Thursday night I was set straight! Rafael showed up to our weekly neighborhood Bible study… SOBER! Not only was this the first time he ever showed up here, but he knew to show up clean & sober... and he brought a friend. Rafael made sure to thank George for caring for his thumb (as you’ll see in the photo), and he heard the word of hope, the word of God!

I’ve learned a lot from my husband and his generosity. Just when I think “We need this for...” or “be careful because you don’t know what this person…” I’m shown who really needs something… just like Rafael.

Next time you feel compelled to be generous, I hope you’ll learn faster than I did…. that you can’t out-give God. I’ve learned that just when you think you’re actually sacrificing something, He is going to show you the blessing… just like with Rafael!

Thank you for giving me this time to share about George. Mostly, thank you for your prayers and care for us! I know that we ride on your love and support through Christ.

Gratefully,

Stacey Palau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home