Palau Perspective of Grace Children's Home

This blog is updated by George and Stacey Palau and is comprised of highlights as seen through our eyes while living at Grace Children's Home.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our recent prayer letter


April 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

The other day we were talking about the children here and how much they mean to us, and how God has knitted us into one “big, crazy family”. Our 3 boys feel like they’ve inherited a bunch of siblings or cousins. It is truly a privilege to serve and live with all of the children.

One young lady that is particularly close to us is Flor (means “flower” in Spanish). Every day when Flor comes home from school, she seeks us out and gives us an affectionate hug while telling us about her day. It’s one of the highlights of the day. Here she shares with you a little of her story (translated)…

Hello, my name is Flor Margarita, I am 15 years old and I was born in Puebla, Mexico. I am grateful to God that I have been at Grace Children’s Home for 5 years. I arrived here when I was 10, and I feel blessed. God is so good to you and me!

I am grateful and proud to write you so that you may know a little about me. Remember that things may not always be easy, but nothing is impossible with God -- He makes things possible.

Right now I am a servant-leader in our church, Calvary Chapel Rosarito, and it has been a great blessing in my life. I help teach 55 children and I am very happy. I believe that God has given me the ability to share the love that he has given me. God bless you.

With love, Flor

We ask that you continue to pray for Flor and all the children at Grace Children’s Home. Thank you to her sponsors and those who sponsor and pray for all of us here. Clearly, the Lord is doing amazing things in their hearts and lives, and He is using them to expand His kingdom.

And thank you to those of you who pray for and partner with us! We feel your support all the way down here. We pray God blesses you and your family!

With much love,

The Palaus – George, Stacey, Georgie, Eric & Marcus

P.S. Above is a picture of Flor with George on the day we celebrated her “Quinceañera” (15-year-old coming of age party).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home