Palau Perspective of Grace Children's Home

This blog is updated by George and Stacey Palau and is comprised of highlights as seen through our eyes while living at Grace Children's Home.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Leo




As I sit here struggling to find a way to write this blog post, a flood of emotions swirl in my head. The past 4 days seem surreal, as something so unexpected happened...


Leo is a bright, kind, confident almost 12 year old that has been at Grace Children's Home since we opened our doors. He is very near and dear to my family, since we basically started this place together with him. He has been a leader in the boys' home, and you can't help but notice Leo when you come to visit our home.


On Friday, the social services had an appointment with Leo during which they informed him (& us) that he was going to be adopted on Monday (yesterday). It was a shock as we had previously been informed that he would be permanently placed with us.


It has been extremely painful for all of us to say good-bye to Leo. He is an important part of our GCH family and will be greatly missed. My 3 sons took the news especially hard as he has been like a brother to them for the past 5 years.


As we've tried to process all this, one thing God has shown us is that we fulfilled what God called us to do in Leo's life. Leo is now strong in the Lord, he has received a great foundation in his education, he's now bilingual, he is emotionally well and stable, and he is confident in who he is and what he can do for the Lord.


Many of you reading this have been an important part in helping Leo get to this point. You have prayed for Leo, given him gifts, cards or hugs, and sent support for his care and education. Thank you for your generosity and care!


After realizing all this, we felt a peace in knowing that whether Leo lives here or there, he's going to be ok. He belongs to Jesus now and his future looks bright!


We know this isn't the end of our story with Leo. We don't know when, but we know someday he will come back to tell us about his life and all the Lord is doing in him... and it will be delight to hear his stories.


Please pray for Leo's new life and family... it is our hope that through Leo, his new family would come to know Jesus as their savior. And please pray for us at GCH as we grieve and work through the loss of a special family member.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes as I read this ... Leo is truly special and I am sure he is grieving too. He did not ever plan on leaving. I will be praying for all of you. I'll call soon.

Rena

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi George and Stacey! I know I was definitly touched by Leo. In the short week I was there, he really felt like my Mexican little brother. I can't imagine how hard this must be for everyone ... you'll be in my prayers! Thanks for updating.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey and George

I'm so bummed to see Leo go. He was always the one I spent time with. I will miss Leo as I am sure all of you will... I know I am not supposed to have favorites, but....

Tocino

5:30 PM  
Blogger bathmate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Tom and Sue said...

I just read the posting regarding Leo's departure from GCH. Obviously, it is mixed emotions that I write this. I am certainly very happy for Leo, and his new family, on this unexpected development. They will be blessed greatly by this loving young man - someone always determined, caring, and ready to serve. I will miss seeing him however when (and I hope not if) the next opportunity comes to visit the GCH family. He was always there, smiling, ready to help (and lead!)and with his heart open to love and be loved. The investment made by Stacey and George, and the staff and volunteers of GCH, will continue to bless him and will touch the lives of many others in the Kingdom for the rest of his life.

9:00 AM  
Blogger angel said...

“Wow” you are a genius for sure what great ways to get ranked high and obtain good traffic flow from your article. Thank you for sharing your information it was very good reading for sure. I am looking forward to any more of your articles you produce in the near future.
degree home

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home