Palau Perspective of Grace Children's Home

This blog is updated by George and Stacey Palau and is comprised of highlights as seen through our eyes while living at Grace Children's Home.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Some needs...


We're ramping up to make part of the Education Center useable. (It's the tall building on the far right in this photo).
This building will provide classrooms for supplemental education, a dental facility, a medical room, a computer lab, a library, temporary space for our church plant, dorms for visiting teams, space for staff housing, etc.
It's about time to furnish it! If you or someone you know can help supply any of them items listed below, it would be a great help to us. Many of these items don't need to be new... just "gently used". Thanks for your consideration!


Currently we need...

for the dorms level-
several large pots, pans, mixing bowls, spaghetti strainer, etc
large coffee maker & bean grinder
metal utensils - forks, spoons, knives, serving spoons, mixing spoons, spatulas, wisks, carving knives, etc
24 twin size mattresses
wire dish drain (rack for drying)
60 durable plastic cups
towel racks & robe hooks
2 can openers
2 toasters
4 dark shower curtains (with rods and hooks)
5 curtain rods to fit 3' x 4' windows
5 sturdy shades or blinds for 3' x 4' windows
tea kettle
baking sheets
pot holders/ oven mits
2 toilet paper holders (sturdy)
sponges, scrubbers, etc
toilet brushes
rectangle folding tables
full length and smaller mirrors & hardware to install

for the classroom level -
5 toilet paper holders
4 paper hand towel dispensers
9 toilet seat cover dispensers and the paper covers
media cart
storage cabinets
rectangle folding tables
book shelves for the library
display case (wall-hung, for GCH info to be displayed)

for both floors -
brooms and dust pans
mopping buckets and mops
portable fans

several household and bathroom size garbage cans
indoor and outdoor security cameras
10 wall clocks
As always, we'd appreciate any assistance you can provide. If you want to make it simplier to donate, gift cards to Wal-Mart would also help supply the above listed items! And please designate any gifts for "supplies for the Education Center at Grace Children's Home".

3 Comments:

Blogger Alduuuu said...

hello, I hope Palau is the one that reads these comments. Que honda Palau, soy Aldo uno de sus exestudiantes de la escuela aptos. Se me ocurrio ver como le handaba llendo por mexico y me tope con esta pagina de internet. Palau, es usted todo un orgullo argentino! Por lo que miro en esta pagina, parece que les a hido muy bien. Me gustaria a ayudar. Quisiera saber con que puedo ayudar. por que no me manda un email a aldoestrada001@yahoo.com.

4:41 PM  
Blogger pacorrer said...

Hey Mr. Palau...
How's it going? I'm glad to see you are working with kids down south. I hope things are going as planned, and if I can help in any form please let me know. I'm quite certain you still brag about me to everyone you know, being the most underachieving "5" AP scorer in both Spanish exams you ever had. Everyday I see my sister, I warmly remember my favorite Spanish teacher, because as irony would have it, my sister married an Argentinian. Hehe...good times. But be well Mr. Palau and I hope we can keep in touch sir. Take care. Ciao.

Your friend,

Paco "The Greatest" Estrada

12:43 AM  
Blogger Andrea aka Paco's twin sister said...

Hola Mr. Palau
Long time no see, I am happy to see that everything is going well with your project and I was real happy to see some pictures of your achievements. My brother and I are excited to have found you because you truely mean alot to us as a teacher as well a good friend. Like Paco said, I did marry an Argentinian Boca fanatic straight from Buenos Aires. I work for Monterey County Health Department in a State Program called Network for A Healthy California-Children's Campaign encouraging children to stay healthy. We miss you Palau and we just wanted to tell you that we hold you deeply in our hearts. Take Care.

email:Estradaa1@co.monterey.ca.us

Su Amiga

Andrea

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home