Palau Perspective of Grace Children's Home

This blog is updated by George and Stacey Palau and is comprised of highlights as seen through our eyes while living at Grace Children's Home.

Friday, March 23, 2007

1:00 am Visitor

Last night at 1:00am we had a 1:00am visitor. This visitor is not the kind you'd usually want... especially as it scurried & rustled under my bed. As we quickly lept out of bed to throw mouse traps around our room, I wondered "why me?".
Our little visitor continued to make noise, and I was certain he was probably 2 feet from my head. I finally resigned to sleeping on the couch! He won the battle for my bedroom for the night.
Today as I tried to catch up on missed sleep, I couldn't help but think about our late night visitor. And as I thought about him, I thought about people around the world & even in my neighborhood who would be glad to have only one such unwelcome guest per night.
It has been said that if we have a change of clothes, enough food for our next meal & shelter, we are amongst the richest people in the world. Not only do I have all those things, I have much more. I have so much but forget to be grateful for it at times. Instead I complain about a rare late night visitor.
Once I got this perspective, I thanked God for the wonderful home I have, my family, the meals I get to eat, my car, my clothes, my friends, my church, etc. And then I nodded off for a great nap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home